DO YOU KNOW THAT KIND OF WRITER’S BLOCK WHERE YOU ALREADY HAVE A PLOT, YOU KNOW WHAT TO WRITE BUT YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO WRITE IT AND YOU JUST STARE AT THE COMPUTER SCREEN FOR HOURS UNTIL YOU FINALLY CLOSE THE DOCUMENT AND CURSE YOUR ENTIRE EXISTENCE
CAUSE I DO
EVER has a right to touch you if you don’t want to be touched.
Not your husband. Not your fiance. Not your boyfriend. Not your partner. Not your friends. Not even your own family.
You are a person and your body is your own. And it’s a privilege if you allow someone to touch it.
A god damn privilege that can be snatched up and you don’t owe anyone a reason but that it’s your body and only YOUR body.
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
Me: mom, dad, this is my girlfriend Eve
Mom: the fuck I thought you had a boyfriend
Dad: the Bible said Adam and Eve, not gay is okay
Me: wait for my surprise
Mom: another one
Dad: what surprise
*a guy walks in*
Me: this is my boyfriend Adam
Me: do you get it, Adam and Eve hahaha, Adam and Eve
Me: but the Bible said
"I have ruled this nation on Cailan’s behalf for many years. I am a great queen, and as beloved by my people as I love them.”
Putting down confident girls is not feminism
shaming sex workers is not feminism
"I’m not like other girls" is not feminism
slut shaming is not feminism
shaming BDSM practitioners is not feminism
misandry is not feminism
ignoring trans women’s rights is not feminism